Banking in Auburn.
G. W. Davidson started up the
first bank in Auburn in the late 1800s. In 1905 another bank
set up on Main Street in the premises that is now next door to
"The Lion & Lamb" Antique Store - this bank was called the
"Bank of Auburn." G. W. Davidson died in 1919 and eventually
both of these banks amalgamated in 1929 becoming "Auburn
Banking Company". In 1969 the Auburn Banking Company moved to
a custom built, state of the art, premises at 218 West Main
Street, which it still occupies today.
Follow the links below for a more
in-depth understanding of each of the banks in Auburn.
Davidson Banking Company
Bank of Auburn
Auburn Banking Company